Sunday, January 15, 2012

Homemade garlic SASS

I accidentally made sesame garlic SASS today, and I'm so glad I did. It's my all-time favorite salad dressing (and local, too!) so I'm pretty stoked I can make it myself now, if I want to. 
Wait, you thought I figured this out on my own, didn't you! Naw. It's this. You blend these things up in a blender or food processor:


  • 1/2 cup tahini
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup tamari
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
  • 2 cloves garlic, pressed
  • black pepper to taste


9 comments:

  1. I love that the first thing I read on this blog is how to make my favorite dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that SASS is off the market, this is a godsend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, didn't know! Glad I could help you regain your SASS :)

      Delete
  3. Is it off the market? I emailed them about five weeks in to my forced termination and it was indicated to me then that they were having some distribution problems, but they would be back on HEB shelves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this for the first time yesterday, and I wanted to just eat it with a spoon it was so delicious! Thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted you to know that we’ve been using this recipe for years and my husband asks me to make it a permanent staple in our fridge. I know you posted this 8 years ago but THANK YOU thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you're so welcome! I haven't made it in awhile...now I've got a craving!

      Delete
  6. I found this recipe during quarantine when I could no longer find the recipe! Thanks so much for this. It's been a favorite of mine for years & now I can make my own! <3

    ReplyDelete