Monday, March 26, 2012

Why should you care that GMOs be labeled?

Why should you care that GMOs in our food be labeled? Maybe you aren't worried about its effects on your health. Maybe you are not convinced that it has any. And that is ok. What's not ok is blindly supporting an industry that silences anyone that brings forward evidence, questions, or even discussions that cast it in a negative light. I don't want to support this industry, and one way I can do that is by not buying GM foods. It's very difficult to do that when GM foods aren't labeled. Technically, 100% Certified Organic foods and those displaying the voluntary Non-GMO project verified seal are the only foods you can buy without GM ingredients, at least intentionally. And I'm very grateful for that. But I don't think that's good enough.

I don't want this stuff in our food supply. But it's already there: white, refined, non-cane sugar from sugar beets, soy, corn, and canola...and most recently, salmon. Test it. Label it. Stop putting profits first. Be decent human beings. Allow people to speak out. Don't put organic farmers out of business for finding patented GM plants in their fields...put Monsanto out of business. I can dream, can't I?




Here's some pig food for thought.


What can you do? THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment